Friday, March 1, 2013

Career Day At Gaston College



Today we went on a field trip to Gaston College. When we first started to leave to get on the bus, I wasn't feeling too confident about it because of how unorganized the whole thing was planned. I started to tell one of my friends, "why did I even come on this trip?".  I guess it was just to have a free day from school, but what I didn't know was how much I was going to learn. I think when we got there and were going to different classes, it became something that made me think about my future a little more seriously. I mean, there is a wide range of medical jobs you could go for. I don't want to necessarily become a doctor or a surgeon. I am still not sure what I want to be, but today helped me understand where to look. Now that I realize that I didn't go there to just get out of school for a couple of hours. I went there to actually learn something. I think it is pretty sad how people pass up opportunities because they don't feel like it. One small choice can make a big difference in your future.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. What is funny is that I started to tell you "Why did I even go on this trip to" Just like you it was not untill I actually got there that I realized I was meant to go on that field trip. I also realized that it was not just to get out of school for a few hours. I'm still not sure what I want to be either, but I don't see why we have to choose NOW! I maen we will probably change our mind a hundred times between now and then! I also went to learn.It is sad. It helped me understand where to look also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Everything is meant for a reason. Too bad we didn't realize what that was until the trip was over.

      Delete
  2. Welcome! I know right, and it is meant for a reason isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many worthwhile professions within the medical field. I hope you find the one that inspires you and allows you to help others.

    ReplyDelete