Thursday, March 14, 2013

AOW #6: Testing

Is this how you feel the night before the big test? Sometimes this is how I feel. Face pressed in a book, trying to decipher what I am looking at.
            For as long as I can remember, teachers have always tested me. Did you know that you even take tests in kindergarten? I thought it was all about nap time and recess. Little did I know that I was being tested at some point in time. Maybe if they told me that I had to take a test on  a certain day, I would of done better. I need to be warned ahead of time so I know what to study for.
            My testing experience is a wide variety to choose from. Especially since I have probably taken over a thousand in my life. I get nervous when I see the amount of questions. I normally flip to the last page of the test booklet to see how many  numbers there are. First of all, you should never do that. It just makes you even more nervous. Once I get through the first half page, I usually start to calm down. Unless I absolutely don't know what I got myself into. Good thing that doesn't happen often.
            Do you like taking MSL's, or better known as common exams? Why do they even need a hundred different ways to ask a question? Recently, testing has changed, and the questions on the exams have gotten harder. At least, that's what everyone was talking about last semester. Our school didn't even want to use them but that didn't stop North Carolina from doing anything. MSL's are supposed to be a more efficient way of testing. I don't really know how. To me it is just more stressful. I don't like the idea of taking a test on the computer because your work could easily be erased with the click of a button.
            I also kind of feel bad for the teachers. They don't like the idea of the new testing just as much as we don't. Plus, our scores from these new test can determine if they keep or loose their job. Nobody should feel pressured like that. The amount of exams you have to take just depends on your course, so choose wisely the next time you register.


           

1 comment:

  1. Some people do bad on tests only because they get sressed or nervous and then they frak out. I agree the teachers might get freaked out and end up needing a therapist. Just like we do because of testing.

    ReplyDelete